Thursday 14 August 2014

Quinoa watermelon salad ~ no added sugar recipes...

This is a really yummy yet different savoury meal that I have enjoyed whilst doing the No Added Sugar challenge.

First off I made the quinoa as directed on the packet, I think it's normally 1 part quinoa to 5 parts water. Whilst that was cooking I steamed broccoli, green beans and red pepper. I also chopped up some watermelon and feta cheese as a garnish. Side note, have you ever had watermelon and feta cheese together??? It's an acquired taste but I find it really beautiful!

Anyway, when the quinoa is done, season it with salt and pepper and serve it on a plate. Next dish out the steamed veggies then lastly sprinkle over the watermelon and feta cheese. 

I chose to keep the watermelon separate on this plate as the quinoa was still hot and I don't find cooked watermelon very appealing!


I hope you get some inspiration from this meal and I hope it will encourage you to try something new.

Much love, Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment