Saturday 3 January 2015

The secondary healing stage and an update // Endometriosis surgery

So I wanted to do a little update since my surgery. It's been 3 MONTHS since my Endometriosis laparoscopy (3 months! That's crazy!!). 

Ok, so this is something I feel like no one talks about. I haven't figured out if that's because not many people go through it or simply no one talks about it...
My external scars healed within 3-4 weeks post surgery however for the last few weeks they've been hurting. It's a weird sensation though, it's not the area that hurts, it's the skin itself. Also, it's not a normal type of pain that I'm used to, rather it's an itchy, really, really annoying type of pain. 

After doing a bit of research apparently scars can hurt or be itchy up to 6 months after surgery, particularly when the weather changes. I hope it'll go away in a few months!!! I've nicknamed this 'the secondary healing stage'.

This is probably the main thing affecting me after surgery as it pretty much happens everyday. Ok, time to talk about the dreaded 'P' word!!!  I had been warned that the first 3 periods after surgery would be awful! Well I've only had 2 so far and yeah it's been extremely painful but they are wayyyy shorter than normal and I'm hoping the pain will improve as time goes on.

Overall, I've been very impressed with how quickly I could move on with my life after surgery however I still really am not fully recovered yet. 

I'll be doing another update in a couple of months. Meanwhile, if you've been through the surgery or are suffering with endo, comment below with your tips to cope.

Much love, Beth xxx

P.S. I found this earlier and I thought it was perfect for us spoonies ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment