Sunday 15 February 2015

Matcha madness in January!!


Hello everyone, guess what? We made it through January! 
For me January is usually filled with illness and trying to keep positive. So to combat this from within, I took on the Matcha Challenge from the fine folks over at teapigs. 

In typical form, my January started off with Laryngitis! Woop... woop...
But I was determined to make the most of the challenge. I viewed my daily matcha as a little super power to help me get better! 

So, I tried teapigs matcha green tea powder everyday and in as many different ways as I could. As a tea, a shot, with juice, in a smoothie, as a Matcha latte, and in some gorgeous muffins!!



As a total tea fanatic, I love the way Matcha tastes. However if you don't like the taste I would recommend putting it in a smoothie or in your baking. 

So how's it different to normal green tea? Well, apart from it being a powder, here's a few fun facts about Matcha: 
- The levels of antioxidants in matcha green tea are higher than that of spinach and blueberries.
- 85% of people said it helped with their health routine & diet.
- One glass of matcha is the equivalent of 10 glasses of green tea in terms of its nutritional value and antioxidant content.
- Drinking Matcha Green Tea has also been shown to increase metabolism  and help the body burn fat about four times faster than average.
- Matcha green tea leaves contain a high level of easily-absorbable dietary fibre.

There's plenty of evidence to back up it being called a superfood! And I happen to agree! 

I did feel sick during this challenge simply due to the awful sore throat I had. But I found myself looking forward to my Matcha pick me up. Also, it really encouraged me to stay on track with my diet when everyone was eating chocolate around me! 

Would i recommend it? Yes! And I know it's on the expensive side but with products like this, when they become a part of your daily routine, I feel like you're investing in your health. 

Here's where you can find the teapigs matcha powder I tried: http://www.teapigs.co.uk/m/tea/shop_by_category/matcha_shop/matcha.htm

Still curious about teapigs or matcha? teapigs have an awesome newsletter where you can get loads 
of good information & latest discounts, just visit their website to sign up: http://www.teapigs.co.uk

Thank you so much for reading my review! Hope you're all have a great week. 

Much love, Beth 


*teapigs set me this challenge and very kindly sent me my own sample of matcha. All views are my honest opinions.



No comments:

Post a Comment