Sunday 8 February 2015

Art Focus: The realities of being an artist...

For those of you that don't know, I'm an artist! I have been for over 2 1/2 years now and I love it! However there are definitely some things I wish someone had told me when I decided to become an artist for a living! Some of these are funny and some are serious, but I thought I would let you into the world of being an artist!


Here goes, the realities of being an artist...

One of your hands are always cold. 
Is this just me?? I have bad circulation so every time I spend any long amount of time painting or drawing I end up with one cold hand and one warm hand... Really annoying!!! 

The commissions & orders come all at once! 
I have no idea why this is, but I can pretty much guarentee when I get an order, I'll have atleast another 2 come in within 24hours. I'm not complaining, but I think it's hilarious how this happens!




You have to get used to suggestions...
This was completely the hardest part about becoming an artist for a living. People are constantly suggesting you try things or you should check out another artist. Honestly, i found it really hard to deal with. I wanted to do my own thing, when I wanted to and how I wanted to. But actually all those suggestions are REALLY helpful!! Listen to them! It lets you know what people want and ultimately, what they are willing to buy! 

You get a serious case of 'brain fog' a lot of the time... 
When the orders are flowing it and you're getting messages here, there and everywhere it's seriously hard to keep track. Keeping organised and a to do list really helps, but even so, it's normal to be constantly think about your next pieces of art! 


If you want to see more of my art, here's where you can find me: 

Thank you so much for your support! I'll do another art themed post soon. 

Have a great day, much love, Beth xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment